Monday, June 18, 2012

A solid week of good things

In the last week...

I witnessed the first perfect game from the Giants after buying an impromptu 5$ ticket. I'm not the biggest baseball fan in the world, but having been a part of the 2010 World Series win and now the first perfect game in franchise history, the Giants have no doubt drawn me closer to San Francisco. Plus I enjoyed the game with these lovely people:

My friend Bryan and my boyfriend Ryan. He's wonderful.
My roommates Emily (a proper Giants fan) and Chris (the token anti-sportsman).

I camped by the Russian River and spent the better portion of two days wading in the water. It was so nice escaping the city for a few days and sweating uncontrollably in 98 degree weather. For the most part the locals were friendly and left us alone to drink our beer and gawk at all the natural wonders like the city kids we are. The water was perfectly warm and the river bank was covered in colorful rocks of all sizes. The landscape resembled what I imagine the surface of a marian planet to look like, and the sunset on our last night there was one of the most intense and vibrant thing I've ever seen. The combination of the clouds and colors gave the illusion that there was a desert in the sky. If I ever become a musician, or decide to learn how to play an instrument, that'll be the name of my first single.

Ryan scoping out a campsite.

My pup Charlee was featured on Fuck Yeah Smiling Dogs. She's one of my favorite things in the world. Check out her photo here.

Charlee aka Black Squirrel, Baby Fox, Chahlay, Cheesey, Cha-Chi, and Charlee Cheesy Breakfast Burrito.
And last but not least, this past week has been a beautiful one in SF, with temperatures in the high 70s and low 80s, and I was reunited with some buddies who had been away from the city for too long. I hope your week was as good as mine. Here's to another solid one!

No comments:

Post a Comment